UNESCO Global Consultations on Open Science for Western Europe and North America
An online multi-stakeholder UNESCO Regional Consultation on Open Science for Western Europe and North America will be held on 23 July 2020 at 15:00–18:00 (CEST). Registration is necessary for participation by 17 July 2020. A selection might be done based on the final number of requests.
This online meeting is part of a series of regional consultations aimed at building a global consensus on open science. It provides a platform for inputs from Western European and North American scientists, science funders, policymakers, innovators, publishers, and other concerned stakeholders to the UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science. Lessons learned and experiences of the regional stakeholders on the development and implementation of Open Science strategies, policies, and other initiatives, will be shared taking cognizance of the key challenges and required infrastructures for Open Science with suggestions on how to overcome them, as well as areas for international collaboration and networking to advance Open Science globally.
- Introduction to the UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science
- Panel discussion on Open Science in Western Europe and North America: Key Challenges and Opportunities
- Open discussion on Key messages from Western Europe and North America for the UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science
- Division of Science Policy and Capacity-Building, Natural Sciences Sector, UNESCO
- UNESCO category 1 center, the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
- UNESCO affiliated TWAS, The World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries
This meeting is a satellite event of ESOF 2020, and is organized in collaboration with EuroDIG.