Webinar & Workshop: Data Description with DDI - Cross Domain Integration
The Data Documentation Initiative (DDI) Alliance has recently announced the public review of its new specification, DDI - Cross Domain Integration (DDI-CDI). A series of general introductory webinars have been held to introduce potential reviewers to the specification (slides and recordings here). To follow up on this, a second series of virtual events has been launched: 1) for specific audiences, and 2) about specific topics.
ISC's Committee on Data (CODATA; WDS Associate Member) invites the WDS community to join an event focussing on data description with DDI-CDI, which will be held on 12 August at 14:00 UTC; and a follow-up workshop, which will be held with more detailed discussion on 19 August at 14:00 UTC. Attendees are asked to register using the following links:
- Register for presentation and discussion on 12 August
- Register for discussion workshops on 19 August
The webinar on data description focusses on:
- Understanding the meaning of data.
- Cross-domain exchange.
- Harmonization, including the same measurement represented in different data structures and different measurements are being compared.
- Transformation across structures and platforms.
At the event, data description using DDI-CDI will be introduced, followed by a structured discussion between the audience and people from the DDI-CDI team, with the event lasting for an hour. To prepare for the event, please take a look at the draft presentation.
You are also asked to kindly think about the following questions in advance:
- Are there data structures that you commonly use that we don’t seem to have covered?
- What are they?
- Do you see potential in DDI-CDI for needs that you currently haven’t met?
- What have we missed?
Please visit the Webinar website for more details.