Job Announcement: Associate Director of the Polar Data Catalogue
The following job posting is announced at the University of Waterloo for an Associate Director of the Polar Data Catalogue (WDS Regular Member):
- Job ID# 2018-2829 - Associate Director, Polar Data Catalogue/Canadian Cryospheric Information – Geography, USG 12
[More information can also be found in this attachment.]
Manage the daily scientific, technical and employment operations of the Polar Data Catalogue/Canadian Cryospheric Information Network (PDC/CCIN). In consultation with the Director, assist in the ongoing strategic development of the PDC/CCIN, develop international partnerships for data management and exchange, expand and promote the ‘Brand’ of the PDC/CCIN, and obtain financial resources to ensure the viability of the PDC/CCIN.
- Ensure efficient and effective daily operation of the PDC/CCIN
- Manage the strategic development of the PDC/CCIN and obtain funding to ensure program stability.
- Advocate for comprehensive polar data management in Canada and continue development of PDC/CCIN as the central polar data repository for the nation.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree with education or training related to environmental change and/or information management and communication required or equivalent education and experience. PhD would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising staff in the computer and communication technical arenas.
- 5+ years of managing computer networking strategy, writing successful funding proposals.
- 5+ years of communicating with scientific and/or policy developers through professional meetings and/or conferences.
- Demonstrated experience with publication in scientific media would be an asset.
- Specialization in physical geography or polar climate related science would be beneficial.