Launch of Global COVID-19 Index
There are so many strategies from so many nations to look to when developing a nation’s recovery plan from the COVID-19 pandemic. The question is how effective are these measures, and will they necessarily work in your context?
PEMANDU Associates, in collaboration with Malaysia’s Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation and the Academy of Sciences Malaysia have developed the Global COVID-19 Index (GCI)—the world’s first comprehensive, holistic index on COVID-19 pandemic, providing up-to-date rankings of 184 countries’ effectiveness in coping with the outbreak. Anchored on verified data on a given nation’s severity and recovery index, the GCI will serve as a singular platform to catalyze informed decision making in the fight against COVID-19.
The launching event, Launch of the Global COVID-19 Index, will be held on 4 June 2020 from 9:00pm–10:30pm (GMT+8) over a Zoom webinar, which will unpack the mechanics behind the index and how it can serve as a catalyst to enhance international cooperation and research against COVID-19.
Who will be there?
The launch will feature a keynote address by YB Khairy Jamaluddin, Malaysia’s Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI). We will also have a panel discussion between key authorities in the areas of public policy, public health and more. Our list of panelists includes:
- Tan Sri Dr. Jemilah Mahmood, Founder of Mercy Malaysia and Special Advisor to the Malaysian Government on Public Health
- Prof. Dr. Rifat Atun, Professor of Global Health Systems at Harvard School of Public Health
- Prof. Dr. Senait Fisseha, Chief Advisor to the World Health Organisation’s Director-General and Director of International Programmes at the Susan T Buffett Foundation
- Dato’ Prof. Dr. Awang Bulgiba Awang Mahmud, Professor of Public Health at the University of Malaya
- Dato’ Sri Idris Jala, President and CEO of PEMANDU Associates
Slots are limited. Book yours now.
Step 1: Click here to register.
Step 2: Fill in your name and e-mail address on the Zoom registration form. Upon submission, you will receive an auto-generated e-mail from Zoom confirming your attendance with a link to the event itself.
Step 3: Reply “Registered” to the original sender of the invitation to confirm your registration on Zoom. If you are unable to attend, please reply “Unable to attend”.
Spots are limited to the first 1,000 sign-ups only, so if you are interested, do register as soon as you can to ensure to be a part of this insightful session.
Follow the GCI Facebook page for more information and updates on event details.
|When||09:00 PM–10:30 PM, 04 Jun 2020|
|Add event to Calendar|